Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc., is one of the nation’s top 20 television broadcasting companies. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, the Company is celebrating its 16th year of development since the acquisition of its first station in 1996. In 2012 the Company generated record net revenue of $379 million, broadcast cash flow of $171 million and adjusted EBITDA of $146 million.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, eMedia, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar owns or provide services to 72 broadcast television stations and 43 community portal websites located in 41 markets in 18 states, reaching approximately 13.8 million television households, or approximately 12.1% of all USTVHH according to Nielsen. Our stations are affiliates of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW and My Network. In addition we operate 12 related multicast channels affiliated with My Network or Bounce TV, the nation’s first broadcast network targeting African American audiences. The Company's community portal websites offer additional hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers. For a list of all stations, affiliations and markets, please refer to the stations tab on our website.
Since its formation in 1996, Nexstar has consistently remained at the forefront of industry innovation including:
• Shared services agreements that enable the Company to provide sales, news and other services to a second station in 66% percent of the markets where the company operates;
• The expansion of local news leadership and the in-house production of over 700 hours of local content per week;
• Retransmission consent agreements which have enabled Nexstar and the industry to realize the economic value of local station programming and content with cable system partners and other distributors;
• The establishment of a differentiated eMedia platform which is based on a “community portal” approach to the creation of local web sites
• The recent agreement to serve the needs of other broadcast groups by leveraging Nexstar’s operating and management capabilities in return for annual and incentive compensation.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group trades on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “NXST” and as of December 31, 2012, the Company proudly employed or managed over 2400 people across the country.