We embrace the communities in which we operate and pride ourselves on our community engagement.
- Every station is tasked with serving its local community through service on non-profit boards, sponsorship of community organizations, promotion of giving and in many other ways.
- Nexstar’s Founder’s Day of Caring occurs each year on the date of the Company’s founding, where station staff members receive paid time off for volunteer work in their communities. The choice of which organizations to support is made at the local level, and cover a wide range of organizations. In 2021, our Founder’s Day initiatives provided 15,198 hours of service in one day to the Company’s communities.
- The Nexstar Charitable Foundation awards approximately $350,000 in grants each year to charitable and non-profit organizations serving the communities in which we operate.
- Our stations partner with the Red Cross to solicit donations to assist victims affected by natural disasters in the communities we serve.
- Nexstar’s “Remarkable Women” initiative celebrates local women who inspire, lead, and pave the way for other women to succeed. Each year’s winner is selected from a pool of nominees taken across each of Nexstar’s 116 markets, announced during an hour-long special program aired nationally on NewsNation and in each of Nexstar’s markets and awarded a $5,000 contribution from Nexstar to charitable organizations of her choice.
- In January 2021, Nexstar announced a comprehensive multi-year partnership with Feeding America®, the nation’s largest domestic hunger relief organization, which included a commitment to donate $2 million in television air-time and financial support to the organization through 2023, encouraging employees to volunteer their time and effort to assist Feeding America and the commitment by the Nexstar Charitable Foundation to donate $50,000 annually through 2023 to support the organization.