Headquartered in Irving, Texas, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is the largest local broadcast television group in the United States and one of the world’s leading diversified media companies.
In June 2021, Nexstar marked 25 years of excellence in local programming and service since Perry A. Sook founded the company.
Nexstar owns, operates, programs or provides sales and other services to 200 broadcast stations (including partner stations) and their related low power and digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or more than 68% of all U.S. television households.
Nexstar leverages localism to bring services and value to consumers and advertisers through its television, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar’s portfolio includes all primary major network affiliates, including ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and The CW, as well as multicast network Antenna TV, and more.
Nexstar’s digital outlets and mobile apps along with an extensive social media presence allows audiences to access hyper-local news, video and information whenever and wherever they choose, providing advertisers a broad audience reach and creating new and growing digital revenue opportunities.
Coupled with a growing portfolio of digital media marketing, advertising and content management platforms, Nexstar delivers powerful and innovative digital solutions and services to local and national media companies, advertisers, agencies and brands.
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “NXST” and proudly employs or manages over over 12,400 people across the country.
Since its founding Nexstar has been an industry pioneer at the forefront of excellence and innovation. Highlights include:
- The ongoing expansion of local news leadership and the in-house production of almost 300,000 hours of local content per year
- Over 3,000 broadcasting and journalism awards since 2009 for outstanding local news programming and local community service*
- Retransmission consent agreements which have enabled Nexstar and the industry to realize the economic value from cable system partners and other distributors related to strong viewership of local station programming and content
- The establishment of a differentiated digital strategy based on a hyperlocal approach to the creation of local station web sites
- Expanded opportunities for woman and minority-owned broadcasters to play a greater role in the U.S. broadcasting industry as owners and operators of television stations, a key FCC initiative
* Includes stations owned by Mission Broadcasting Inc., White Knight Broadcasting, Inc., and Vaughan Media LLC.
2023 Investor Presentation
Click here to view the 2023 Investor Presentation.